Color is more than just visually appealing. It can put people in a positive mood and it can make space a lot more interesting and exciting. When added on a dull, boring concrete floor, color can even make the overall property a lot more valuable than it already is. We, at Sun Surfaces of Orlando, want our customers to get most out of the benefits of adding colors to their homes with stained concrete driveway, patio, pool decks, interior floors, and other surfaces. We also offer polished concrete and epoxy flooring and other floor coatings in case you want to upgrade your concrete flooring.
Benefits of Concrete Staining
There may a variety of other ways you add color to your floors, such as dyes, pigments, and even paint, but there are many reasons why using a concrete stain comes highly recommended:
- It is durable and long-lasting especially if a clear sealer is applied on top of it.
- It is affordable because it can be applied to your old concrete, as long as it is still in good condition.
- There is an unlimited selection of colors to choose from, making customization possible in every way.
- Patterns and designs can be incorporated in one or more colors, depending on your preferences.
- The results are absolutely stunning and elegant.
Stained Concrete Types
Concrete stains come in two types: acid-based and water-based. Both provide colors but in different intensities. To give you a glimpse of what each one is about, here is a brief description:
- Acid Stain – If you want unique and random patterns and colors to appear on your floor, then an acid-based stain is a great option for any concrete patio ideas. The chemical content in this stain causes a reaction when it comes in contact with the natural components of the concrete floor, thus, creating a mottled look with a semi-translucent color. No two floors that have been treated with an acid stain look exactly alike. This requires a neutralization and rinsing process to get rid of chemical residues.
- Water-Based Stain – As the name implies, this stain has no chemicals and is applied topically on a concrete floor, creating a durable film or coating that gives off a more opaque color. This is ideal for those who want a more pronounced design or color on their floor. The colors and patterns can be controlled.
Work with an expert in concrete flooring! If you are looking for services for your concrete surface and you’re from Orlando FL and its surrounding areas, call us at (407) 423-3342 today and receive a free quote!
Now that you understand what concrete stains are and what a great option it is, we encourage you to give us a call for a design consultation and a free quote. Sun Surfaces of Orlando, a licensed concrete contractor, has been in the decorative concrete business for over 30 years so you can count on our expertise and knowledge when it comes to staining concrete floors.