Are you tired of your plain and uninspiring front entryway? Does it lack the charm and elegance you’ve always dreamed of? We understand your frustration, and we’re here to provide the perfect solution to your concrete entryway problems.
Your entryway is the first impression visitors have of your home. It should reflect your style, personality, and set the tone for what’s inside. However, many homes in Orlando, FL suffer from dull, plain, and uninviting front entries that fail to make a lasting impact.
At Sun Surfaces Orlando, we have the perfect solution to all your entryway problems. Our team of experienced professionals specializes in creating stunning entrance that will transform the look and feel of your home.
Entryways, including the door, steps, and path, can greatly benefit from innovative concrete products. Quite often, the interior front entry harmonizes with the materials like tiles, bricks, and pavement already present on the exterior of the home, and overlays are just one of the excellent ways to provide continuity.
Building contractors already realize that exterior entryways are hard to protect, depending on the timing of the casting of the concrete. A porch, being a critical part of the foundation and load-bearing support, is usually poured early in construction to allow other components like bricks and tiles to be built around or on it. Workers often damage the surface, even when precautions are taken to cover it during the construction process.
Any surface treatment that enhances the strength, stability, and durability of the entryway and is applied toward the end of the construction process leaves a much more attractive situation. Budgeting for the concrete facelift after heavy construction is completed should be considered a vital part of the overall cost of the home.
Choices of Finishes
- Polished Concrete – Rather than adding to the surface of the concrete, some people choose to grind the surface down some and show the aggregate within the concrete. This is accomplished by beginning with heavy grit sanding pads and progressively moving to a finer grit. The surface can be stained or simply sealed after this polishing process. Detraction to this kind of finish is that the surface can be very slick when it gets wet. This can be countered by mixing clear silica into the finish coat.
- Overlays – By far, the best finish can be had with a concrete overlay. There are many varieties of designs for decorative overlays, and it is important to properly prepare the surface prior to placing the overlay to assure that a proper bond is made with the concrete. Any foreign materials on the surface should be removed by pressure washing or chiseling and a good acid wash makes the surface more receptive to whatever topping product is applied.
Other Entryway Design Ideas for Decorative Concrete Orlando
- Stamping, stenciling, engraving, coloring and staining are all enhancements to consider for your concrete entryway.
- Even if the entry is already existent, it can still benefit from a facelift. You’d be amazed what a patterned and colored concrete overlay can do for your front porch.
- Don’t stop at the porch. The sidewalk leading to the porch is another ideal place to utilize decorative concrete.
- After the surface is dressed up, consider the addition of built in lighting, columns, pilasters, balustrades, archways, and other architectural elements. Seat walls, fountains, and planters are another decorative addition.
The entrance to any house doesn’t have to be plain and boring. Even very modest changes in style, such as incorporating wood, tile, or brick steps, along with carefully chosen plants and flowers, can transform the look and feel of the space. Adding a variety of colors, slate details, and furniture can enhance the beauty and curb appeal of your home. These simple yet thoughtful touches invite questions and admiration from visitors, showcasing your attention to detail and the unique personality of your house while adding significant value.