Concrete is a standard material for driveways and has been for many years. Decorative concrete has pushed the boundaries of concrete’s versatility and more appealing options have become available for concrete driveways.
The diversity of decorative solutions is incredibly impressive, being able to resemble brick, stone, and almost any type of traditional exterior material. With decorative coatings and overlays, existing concrete slabs get the much-needed protection and restoration they need to, once again, become useful and appealing.
Orlando Concrete Driveway Repair: Common Problems
One of the most common problems that driveway owners observe is cracking. The driveway is exposed to a lot of harmful elements. The repetitive treading of vehicles, foot traffic, the changing climate, and other elements could wear and tear a driveway and cause cracks in it. Spalling is another type of concrete issue common on driveways. This happens when the surface becomes too weak and the concrete starts to disintegrate and break loose from the slab. This is often caused by freeze-thaw cycles. The water that enters the concrete pores repeatedly freeze and thaw, expanding and contracting, thus causing the concrete to weaken. Hence, a concrete driveway repair and resurfacing or a driveway replacement needs to be done depending on how grave the cracking and spalling are.
Driveway Resurfacing Options
A cracked or badly stained concrete driveway can still be restored. There are concrete repair Orlando and resurfacing systems that effectively resolve issues and improve the overall look. There are several benefits to resurfacing concrete. Aside from giving it a newer, more decorative look, it also makes the driveway more functional. Although it is a more affordable option, it adds great value to the property as a whole. If you still aren’t convinced, here is a more detailed look into the different resurfacing solutions you can choose from:
- Stamped Concrete Overlay – In concrete stamping, a ⅛-inch thick overlay is installed on the driveway and then stamped with patterns using premade stamp mats. There is a wide selection of patterns to choose from for a stamped concrete driveway, such as ashlar, flagstone, running brick, and more.
- Stained Concrete – Staining is a highly popular method of coloring concrete. It penetrates past the surface, making the color more durable and long-lasting. Acid stains are reactive stains that yield unique effects and color tones. Water-based stains are non-reactive stains that produce more solid and consistent colors. This is a great way of covering up stubborn stains and concrete discoloration.
- Spray Knockdown Finish – This is an acrylic concrete coating that uses a spray application method. It yields a slip-resistant texture that is similar to stucco but less intense. It is a popular outdoor coating because of its texture and its ability to maintain a low temperature despite being exposed to the sun for hours.
Orlando Concrete Driveway Cost
It is safe to say that restoring a concrete driveway is less expensive than tearing out the old slab and replacing it with a new one. However, there are several factors that can affect the total costs, such as:
- The size of the job
- Which type of resurfacing option is used
- How much preparation is needed to get the surface ready for an overlay or coating
- Additional services such as custom scoring and engraving.
- And more…
Can Concrete Driveways be Repaired?
Yes. Concrete resurfacing is the best option to fix your cracked and damaged flooring. It will prolong the life of concrete with durable and smooth repair.
Frequently Asked Questions
An average concrete driveway costs around $6.67 to $8.13 per square foot. The price range will differ if location, size, decorative elements, potential reinforcements, and removing the existing surface are considered.
An imprinted concrete driveway would range from around $8.80 to $14.15.
Pavement or asphalt driveways usually cost around $2 to $4 per square foot. On the other hand, concrete driveways have a price range of around $4 to $6. Expect a price tag increase of $15 if finishes, stains, and details would be included.
Pouring concrete would be cost-efficient per square foot.
Driveway pavers cost around $10 to $30 per square foot. For a better option, you might want to consider concrete driveway resurfacing.
If you are looking for style and aesthetic, porcelain, cobblestone, marble, and travertine will surely be stylish but are easily damaged and won’t hold up for everyday use. On the other hand, Rubber pavers are durable but lack in style, and it is not eco-friendly. You can also achieve these looks through stamped driveway overlay for more cost-effective pricing.
No, you don’t need a permit or a contractor’s license to install pavers, driveways, or walkways.
Yes, you can resurface a concrete driveway.
For basic concrete resurfacing, it costs $3 to $7.
Due to its durability, it lasts long up to 10 to 20 years
Yes, you can topcoat a concrete driveway.
Entrust your Concrete Driveway to the Best in the Industry. Call (407) 423-3342 today.
Concrete driveways in Orlando FL deserve as much care and attention as any other concrete surface inside or outside the house. But the attention you give is not measured by how much you invest in it. Instead, use top quality materials at reasonable costs coupled with the skilled hand of an artisan and driveway pavers Orlando. We at Sun Surfaces of Orlando are highly trained concrete contractors that handle concrete driveway repair Orlando, resurfacing, and refinishing projects with utmost skill and expertise. We take pride in the work we do and we treat each project as if it were being done in our own house.
Let’s talk more about your options. Call us to schedule a free estimate and quote! We are based in the surrounding areas of Orlando, FL .