The direct and no sugar-coated answer to that question is a solid and one hundred percent yes. Epoxy garage floors do a whole lot more than improve your home’s listing should you rent, lease or sell it. Installing epoxy can be a rewarding do-it-yourself project. But local firms and contractors, such as Garage Flooring Oviedo, FL are readily available to lend you a hand if things don’t go as planned.
Epoxy For Garage Floorings?
We will start things off with a little explanation. People mistake epoxy coatings for paint. It is a fact that garage floor paints are acrylic and contain a percentage of epoxy. However, epoxy is a form of resin workers use as a coating for flooring systems and other surfaces. The result is a durable layer of coating that works as protection and aesthetics. Epoxy coatings are a neat alternative to concrete resurfacing.
An epoxy flooring in your garage makes the area safe. Epoxy coatings are slip-resistant, withstand heavy traffic and impact, and other hazards, such as a fire.
- Floor protection
An epoxy garage floor protects the pre-existing concrete underneath. Coatings deter stains as well. This aspect means you can work on your car and other utilities without worrying about the stains and other chemicals seeping into the floor.
Epoxy is perfect for homes and floors. A lot of prospective property purchasers want to see durable and charming walls and floors. And with a bit of luck, you may end up with a buyer who is willing to pay more because of such floorings.
These types of flooring systems last for years. You don’t have to stress yourself about retouching and repairing the coatings for a long time. But do make sure to inspect every once in a while.
DIY Versus Professional Installations
It’s time to weigh in whether doing the task without experts by your side makes things easier and better. Or would the big boys rise and show that it is better to hire them instead? Let’s find out.
Doing it yourself
- The project’s scale and overall management are in your hands. You get to choose what materials to buy and have. You can set the time when and how long you will do it.
- Epoxy coatings have dozens and dozens of designs and patterns you can pick. You have the liberty to make custom ones as well.
- You control the budget and other expenses. You can make sure there are no additional charges or hidden fees.
- You can turn your DIY project into a perfect bonding experience with friends and family members.
Hiring The Professionals
- There is less risk for mistakes and installation errors when you get the big boys to work on your behalf.
- A professional company can guarantee results that scream quality, efficiency, and class.
- A warranty comes into effect. You will not spend more once damages and installation errors occur. The warranty will cover everything.
- Some companies offer free quotes and other discounts.
- They have access to heavy-duty equipment and tools for more complicated jobs.
And the verdict? It’s a tie. Both approaches have ups and downs. And the truth of it all is that no method supersedes the other. However, you might want to check first as to what kind of flooring work your garage needs.
So, Is An Epoxy Garage Floor Worth It?
We are confident that it sure is. Work on your epoxy garage floors all you want, and do so as you desire. But if things do get awry, get some expert help. Professional services and materials might cost a bit more, but it is worth every penny. They will transform your surfaces into astonishing, safe, and functioning works of art.