Concrete is a very versatile material. It can take almost any form color, and texture, enhancing its appearance while optimizing its functional capabilities. It serves as a structural medium and an aesthetic finish at the same time. Decorative concrete is the addition of texture and design to concrete flatwork. It can be done on a newly poured mix or on an overlay on an existing slab. More and more property owners are opting for decorative concrete because of the many benefits it provides, such as:
- Minimal Investment – Compared to other paving or flooring materials, decorative concrete is a more practical option. Concrete is a low-cost construction medium and using it as the finishing material as well eliminates the need to purchase tile, brick, or any traditional finishing materials.
- Easy Upkeep – Most high-end materials require special cleaning and maintenance products and procedures. Not with decorative concrete. As long as it is properly sealed, cleaning and keeping it in good shape is a piece of cake.
- Highly Appealing – The range of aesthetic options is almost endless. There are numerous textures, patterns, and colors to choose from, giving every property owner the opportunity to personalize the look of their concrete space.
Decorative Concrete Resurfacing: Overlays and Coatings
There are times when a concrete slab shows signs of wear and tear on the surface. Instead of tearing out the entire slab and removing parts that could still hold up, resurfacing just replaces the top layer. This is a simpler yet more logical and practical solution. The most popular patios, pool decks, and concrete driveway overlays and coatings used for resurfacing are:
- Stamped Concrete Overlay – This stampable overlay is popularly used on pool decks, driveways, sidewalks, entryways, patio concrete and more. It involves the stamping of patterns on a newly installed concrete overlay. It is well-known for concrete patio resurfacing because of its ability to mimic paving materials such as brick, flagstone, slate, tile, pavers, and more.
- Spray Knockdown Texture – This is a spray-down system popularly used on pool decks. The splattered acrylic concrete coating is knocked down with a trowel to give it that textured look and feel that is comfortable to walk on and highly slip-resistant.
- Epoxy Flooring – This two-part material is ideal for use on hardworking surfaces like the basement and garage floors. It is highly resistant to damage and it cures to a seamless surface, making it impossible for dirt and moisture to seep in.
- Polyurea Polyaspartic Coating – Also a two-part material, polyurea polyaspartic is a coating designed to withstand industrial-type damage. Its fast-drying property makes it a popular garage flooring idea for commercial and industrial properties. Homeowners who want quick but reliable solutions also opt for this.
Decorative Concrete Refinishing: New Finish, New Life
Refinishing is the process of renewing the look of a concrete surface, giving it a new look, shine, or color. Sun Surfaces of Orlando, a trusted concrete refinishing company, gives you the top refinishing methods used today:
- Stained Concrete – Instead of using paint that would eventually peel or chip off, use concrete stains instead. Acid and water-based concrete staining penetrate deep within the slab making fading impossible.
- Polished Concrete – With the use of a polishing equipment, the concrete is sanded until a smoother surface and the desired level of shine are achieved.
- Concrete Sealing – Applying concrete sealers on a slab, whether new or resurfaced, makes it more resistant to damage. Plus, the sealer enhances color and adds a bit of shine.
Refinish or resurface your concrete with the best in Decorative Concrete. Call (407)-423-3342 to talk to a pro.
There are many reasons to love resurfaced driveway, patios and pools decks. We at Sun Surfaces of Orlando, a decorative concrete contractor in Orlando, are committed to providing you with top quality decorative concrete solutions that won’t hurt your budget. Our team specializes in Orlando concrete resurfacing, refinishing, and repairing concrete outdoor and interior floors, and other concrete flatwork.
We invite you to give us a call at your most convenient time. We offer free in-home consultations and quotations to anyone interested in the concrete solutions we specialize in.